1. For the people who don’t know about you, Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
Hi friends, my name is Alok Vats, and I am an Search Engine Optimizer and Social Media Optimizer by profession and a Blogger and Author by passion. I have a passion towards helping other bloggers to become an expert blogger so that people can remember them and their blogs as well.
My blog is I News India, www.inewsindia.com which started as a Citizen Journalism project, but later on I converted into a pure blog, over here I do share some of my knowledge about blogging, SEO, SMO, and other technologies and common things of our life. I have a passion towards inspiring others so that they can improve themselves. I know I cannot do it much in real life, so prefer doing so in virtual world.
2. Every website has a story behind it. What was yours? What was the motivation behind starting this Blog?
As I said above that I started I News India as a citizen journalism concept. I wanted to develop a platform where different authors can share different stuffs. I started I News India in way back 2006-07 when blogging was not a familiar term. My motivation behind this project was my intention to help others and my wife Punam who always motivates me to help others through my blog.
3. Do you ever get stuck when writing a blog? What do you do then?
Yes like many other writers or bloggers, I too sometimes get stuck while writing a blog. The thing which inspires me those times is my reading ability. I prefer reading other’s blog, books, magazines, etc. and whenever I start reading something, writing automatically comes into my mind and I came out of the state which I call as “Blocked Creative Mind State”.
So in my opinion reading is the best thing which can help anyone to come out of this situation.
4. If there was one thing that you feel makes your blog stand out, what would that be?
It is the ability to help others. So far I have helped anyone who reached to my blog and asked any question.
5. If you had to give three crazy advice to budding bloggers, what would that be?
I would say them to remain original, consistent and polite. Do write whatever you want to but always write in your own words, do remain consistent with your writing else people will soon forget you and always remain polite. I guess these three things are the building blocks of the success of your blog.
6. Do you promote your blog? What promotional techniques work best for you and why?
I usually don’t promote my blogs, but if promotional techniques are concerned, I would suggest everyone to use social media for this. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. is a part of our daily life now, and being a blogger you can easily get readers from these platforms.
7. What do you find to be the most gratifying aspect of blogging?
I guess the most gratifying aspect of blogging is the feedback which you receive from your readers. No matter if it is positive, praising your work, or negative only. The thing which matters is the feeling that people are reading your thoughts and responding on the same too.
8. And Influencer Marketing – what it holds for bloggers?
It actually holds good for bloggers only. With time you have the ability to influence others and sell something. If your readers are satisfied with whatever you are writing, soon they will become a follower of your words. Thus you will start influencing their life and I guess this is the thing which can make you an authority and plays a crucial role towards earning from your blog.
9. Engaging in influencer marketing is fruitful but most of the bloggers feel there are some characteristic problems while engaging with brands. How is your experience of engaging with brands and problems, if any?
Well, honestly I never felt any such things so far, but had seen such experiences as well. I would suggest everyone to maintain a dignity while engaging with brands. Don’t allow them to play with your self-respect and I am sure you will never face any such issue.